Hey hey hey! So I have not posted anything in forever, just wanted to let those of you who might have noticed that I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth. It's finals time, so I've had to devote most of my time to that stuff. However, in a couple short weeks classes will be over and I will be posting again! Also I was thinking about incorporating some fashion stuff this summer, outfits of the day, maybe some DIY, I'm not sure yet. Would you guys be interested in that kind of the thing?
Friday, April 6, 2012
|My current arsenal of Exposed products|
As you have probably noticed, I recently starting advertising Exposed Skincare on my blog. I love Exposed products, and I want to tell you all the story of my experience with my acne and how Exposed helps me.
I had completely clear skin up until I started high school, at the age of 14. At that point I started getting large painful cysts on my temples, large pores on my nose, and little bumps all over my forehead. All through high school I tried tons of drugstore products, they would either help a tiny bit or not at all.
Finally, my senior year of high school, I asked my mom to take me to a dermatologist. The dermatologist gave me Retin-A cream, which helped more than anything I had tried before. It got rid of the bumps on my forehead, and decreased the amount of acne I got, but I would still get large painful cysts on my cheeks occasionally, and they would take months to heal. After using the cream for a while, in my freshman year of college I was getting tired of having to pile makeup on every time I left my dorm room.
January 2011, around my 19th birthday, my mom had ordered me a dress, but it never showed up. So she gave me money to buy a gift of my choice. I was sitting at my desk looking in to my mirror, on the verge of tears because of 3 large cysts on my cheeks that wouldn't even begin to heal after weeks, when I decided to google something along the lines of "best acne treatment". Bestacnetreatement.org had Exposed Skincare at #1, above Murad and Proactiv. So after checking out their website, I ordered a kit from Exposed, and crossed my fingers.
I was amazed by the results! Those 3 painful cysts finally healed, and my overall skin condition was improving. After using Exposed for about a month, I gained the confidence to leave my dorm room and go do my laundry without any makeup; I hadn't gone out in public without makeup on since I was 13.
At the end of Summer 2011, I had run out of my current supply of Exposed, and since it is a little pricey, I decided to try some drugstore stuff again. That was a HUGE mistake. In about a month I was getting cysts on a regular basis. January 2012 I decided to start Exposed again, and my skin is still healing from the damage that occurred last fall. But because of Exposed my skin looks better every morning.
In addition to know acne fighters like Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Sulfur, Exposed products have many natural ingredients; including Green Tea, Passion Flower Extract, Aloe Vera, Sage Extract, and Licorice Root Extract.
To start off I would recommend the 6 piece kit. It's 60 days worth of product (will probably last you longer, maybe 70 days at the max), and with the free Exposed Club membership, it's $60. So it's like a dollar a day for clear skin.
You have 1 year to return your first kit for a full money back guarantee. Isn't that awesome? That guarantee was the biggest things that convinced me to buy a kit. Fortunately, I didn't need to take them up on it. You can also return any unopened product from any subsequent orders within 30 days of ordering.
So if any of you are suffering with acne, I really hope you give Exposed Skincare a try, I think you'll love it. :)
To check out Exposed Skincare now, click on the ad above, or right here.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Long time no see! School has been busy so I haven't been posting as much as I would like. I couldn't believe that I only had 8 posts for February and 7 posts for March! Especially when I used to post every day when I first started. But 7 or 8 is still about twice a week, so that isn't that bad.
I bought a bunch of NYX products the last time it was featured on Hautelook, I had to get this palette because...well ok, I didn't have to get this palette, but I love eyeshadow palettes, and I thought the quality of the shadows would probably be pretty good.
First off, the packaging it sturdy and has some weight to it. The bottom section slides open, and it can be a little loose, meaning that it slides out when you don't want it to occasionally. Two crappy little sponge applicators and a mirror are included.
Eye shadow Quality
Pigmentation: Not amazing, but pretty good. With primer and a little water it's great. Some colors in the set are really pigmented and others need a little help.
Wear: Normal. I've done looks a couple times with these eye shadows and they lasted the whole time I needed them to (about 10 hrs at the longest).
Colors: I love the range of colors in this palette. There are tons of matte colors, including 3 matte reds, which are really hard to find. There is a matte and a shimmer of every color of the rainbow. There are also a few glitter shades. I feel like this palette has just as much variety as my BH 120 palette, but with better quality shadows.
I swatched a few colors from each section, I wasn't sure which ones to pick, so I did it kinda randomly. If you see a color I didn't swatch that you would like a better look of, I can swatch it and email a picture to you.
I used UD Primer Potion under all swatches.
I realllllly like this palette. It would be great for a beginner, or someone who likes to experiment with bright colors. Or anyone, because it has some really pretty neutrals too!
Friday, March 23, 2012
Read my Rollergirl palette review here.
Nothing too interesting. :) Darkhorse on the lid, and the lower lash line and Woodstock in the crease.
Nothing too interesting. :) Darkhorse on the lid, and the lower lash line and Woodstock in the crease.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
I raided the Urban Decay 20% off sale last week, and this is one of the items I picked up. I've been eying this palette for a couple of months, because I absolutely love the hot pink color. I had no idea how I was going to wear it at first, but I love it. To see the look I did with this palette click here.
I really like this palette! The pigmentation of the shadows is good, and the colors are gorgeous, in my opinion. The packaging is very cute and closes magnetically. Whiskey, the eyeliner pencil, is very soft and easy to use, as well as long wearing. The eyeshadow shade Darkhorse is also in the Naked palette, but it's one of my favorite browns, so I don't mind having two pans of it.
The palette also comes with a lipgloss.
Crush is thick, but not sticky. It lasts a pretty long time for a gloss, about 2 hours with eating/drinking. It has a peppermint flavor and scent, and is supposed to be plumping, but I didn't notice any difference when I wore it. After owning a couple I think I'm falling in love with Urban Decay lipglosses, they are long lasting and moisturizing, even though I'm not a big fan of the squeeze tube packaging.
So that's my review! This palette is on sale on the Urban Decay website for $13 (regular price $32), if you are interesting in getting one.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Beautylish is launching an online store! I am so excited, but I am also worried that I'll be tempted to spend all my money there. :/ Sign up to be first in line, and get rewards for inviting other people.
Friday, March 16, 2012
I wish I could make up cutesy names for my tutorials. Oh well! *sigh*
Note: You can make whatever shape you want with the color on your eye, I didn't go farther than the lid because I have fairly hooded eyes and it looks weird when I apply color above the lid.
I've been wanting to do an orange look for awhile, especially since I noticed that my orange Maybelline color tattoo and my concrete minerals eyeshadow matched. Hope you like it!
1. Apply Maybelline color tattoo "Fierce and Tangy" all over lid.
2. Apply Concrete Minerals "Napalm" all over lid.
3. Apply Urban Decay Naked Palette "Darkhorse" to the "outer v" of your lid and blend it in to the orange. Use this same color to line the upper and lower lid.
- #1 acne treatment (1)
- 10 Fierce and Tangy (1)
- 35 Tough as Taupe (1)
- 45 followers (1)
- about my ads (1)
- acne help (2)
- acne spot treatment (1)
- acne treatment (2)
- Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Towelettes (1)
- aspirin mask (1)
- aspirin mask with aloe vera gel (1)
- aveeno lip balm (1)
- barbie (1)
- barbie controversy (1)
- barbie tatoo (1)
- BareMinerals all-over face color (1)
- bathroom makeup storage (1)
- beauty giveaway (1)
- beautylish online store (1)
- Beautylish store (1)
- best acne treatment (1)
- best lip balm (2)
- Betsey Johnson Too Too (2)
- BH Cosmetics False Eyelashes (1)
- BH Cosmetics Waterproof Lip Liner Review (1)
- BH Cosmetics Waterproof Lip Liner Swatch (1)
- Blistex five star lip protection (1)
- blog giveaway (1)
- Bobbi Brown (1)
- Bobbi Brown Blush Apricot (1)
- Bobbi Brown Blush Review (1)
- Brown Smokey eye (1)
- burts bees lifeguards choice (1)
- Buxom (1)
- Buxom mix and mingle Review (1)
- Buxom review (1)
- carols daughter ecstasy oil (1)
- changed my mind (1)
- choosing perfume tips (1)
- Christmas nails (1)
- Color Tattoo review (1)
- colorful eyeshadow (1)
- concrete minerals (2)
- concrete minerals look (1)
- Concrete Minerals review (1)
- controversy barbie (1)
- cream eyeshadow (1)
- Current nails (1)
- Dare Me by Baby Phat (1)
- Diorshow Maximizer before and after (1)
- DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum (3)
- DIY (1)
- DKNY Golden Delicious (1)
- dream bouncy blush swatch (1)
- drugstore lip balm (1)
- dry shave (1)
- e.l.f. brushes (1)
- e.l.f. eyeshadow look (1)
- e.l.f. HD Powder (1)
- e.l.f. HD Powder Review (1)
- EcoTools brushes (1)
- Ecstasy Carol's Daughter (1)
- elf 24k (1)
- elf 24k 15 piece eyeshadow (1)
- elf eyeshadow (1)
- EOS (1)
- EOTD (2)
- Exposed acne treatment (1)
- Exposed Skincare (1)
- eyelash growth (1)
- Fancy Jessica Simpson (1)
- full coverage foundation (1)
- gel eyeliner (1)
- giveaway (2)
- glitter polish (1)
- Harajuku Lovers G (1)
- Harajuku Lovers Love (1)
- haul (1)
- Heat Rush (1)
- Holiday Nails (1)
- How to apply false eyelashes (1)
- how to grow long nails (1)
- how to make nail polish last longer (1)
- how to paint your nails (1)
- indie makeup (1)
- indie makeup company (2)
- inexpensive cream eyeliner (1)
- inexpensive gel eyeliner (1)
- jewelmint (1)
- jewelmint february 2012 (1)
- jewelmint review (1)
- kat von d painted loved and foiled lipstick set review (1)
- Kat Von D Painted Loved and Foiled Lipstick Set Swatch (1)
- L'oreal (1)
- L'oreal voluminous false fiber lashes mascara (1)
- L'oreal voluminous false lashes mascara (1)
- L'oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Professional eye shadow (1)
- L.A. Girl Glitter Addict (2)
- lengthining mascara (1)
- Lip Balm review (1)
- lip plumping (1)
- lipstick (1)
- lipstick as stain (1)
- lipstick history (1)
- lipstick review (1)
- lipstick uses (1)
- long lasting lipstick (1)
- MAC brushes (1)
- MAC constructivist (1)
- MAC eyeshadow (1)
- MAC eyeshadow swimming (1)
- MAC Haul (1)
- MAC hyperviolet (1)
- MAC Paint Pot as eyeliner (1)
- MAC v Sigma (1)
- Makeup brush boxes (1)
- Makeup brush holder (1)
- Makeup brush storage (1)
- makeup storage (1)
- mascara review (1)
- Maybelline color tattoo look (1)
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Review (1)
- Maybelline Color Tattoo swatches (1)
- Maybelline Dream bouncy blush coffee cake (1)
- Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush review (1)
- Maybelline limited edition blush (1)
- Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hour Lipstick (1)
- Merry Christmas (1)
- moisturizing cream (1)
- monistat as primer (1)
- Monistat chafing relief powder gel as primer (1)
- nail care (1)
- nail care tips (1)
- nail tips (1)
- Neutrogena Naturals purifying pore scrub (1)
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover (1)
- new york color palette (1)
- Nick Minaj (1)
- NOOT (1)
- NOTD (2)
- Nude eyeshadow look (1)
- nyc IndividualEyes custom compact review (1)
- NYX (1)
- NYX 112 Palette (1)
- nyx aloha (1)
- nyx atlantic (1)
- NYX Box of Eye Shadows (1)
- nyx bright green (1)
- nyx cherry (1)
- nyx deep purple (1)
- NYX Heather (1)
- NYX Louisiana (1)
- Nyx Mocha swatch (1)
- nyx navy blue (1)
- NYX Paris (1)
- Nyx Pinched swatch (1)
- Nyx Powder Blush (1)
- Nyx Powder Blush Swatch (1)
- nyx purple (1)
- NYX Round Case Lipstick (1)
- Nyx single eyeshadow swatches (1)
- nyx yellow marigold (1)
- orange and brown look (1)
- orange eyeshadow (1)
- orange look (1)
- perfume (1)
- perfume storage (1)
- Physicians formula baked collection (1)
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Eye Makeup Remover Liquid (1)
- Physicians formula ph matchmaker blush swatch (1)
- Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker Powder Blush (1)
- Physicians Formula pH matchmaker review (1)
- pomegranate rasberry (1)
- Posh brushes (1)
- purple eyeshadow look (1)
- quick acne solution (1)
- quick dry nail polish (1)
- Red eyeshadow (1)
- reviews (28)
- revlon base coat (1)
- Revlon Colorburst (1)
- Revlon Colorburst lipgloss (2)
- Revlon Colorburst lipstick (2)
- revlon crazy shine nail buffer (1)
- Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup (1)
- Revlon Photoready Concealer (2)
- revlon top coat (1)
- rollergirl palette look (2)
- rollergirl palette review (2)
- rollergirl palette swatches (1)
- Sally Hansen 04 blue me away (1)
- Sally Hansen 08 ink splatter (1)
- Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat (1)
- sally hansen insta dri (1)
- sally hansen salon manicure (1)
- Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear (1)
- Shave Cream (1)
- Shiseido (1)
- Sigma brushes (1)
- Still Jennifer Lopez (1)
- straight eyelashes (1)
- strong nails (1)
- Sweet Pea perfume (1)
- teal eye tutorial (1)
- thank you (1)
- things I love (1)
- tips and tutorials (6)
- Toki Doki Pittura Brush Set (1)
- tokidoki (1)
- Too Too Betsey Johnson (1)
- train case (1)
- translucent powder (1)
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (2)
- Urban Decay Rollergirl Palette (2)
- versatile blogger award (1)
- Victorian disco cosmetic review (1)
- Victorian Disco Cosmetics (1)
- victorian disco swatch (1)
- volumizing mascara (1)
- waterproof lip liner (1)
- Wet n' Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner black 886 (1)